Need an Injury Lawyer for a Florida Bicycle Accident?
Florida is great for many things, like a variety of wonderful sights for tourists, the beaches we love, and more. But did you know that Florida also has the highest death rate in the entire nation? Florida sits at about .57 per 100,000 people when it comes to fatalities in bicycle accidents, which is more than double the national .23 per 100,000. Many states have also excelled in regards to these numbers but made many changes to bring the numbers down. Florida, however, has struggled to make a dent in decreasing these horrific accidents that take lives.
Bicycle accidents continue to rise in Florida, where drivers are not as watchful and wary of bicyclists and tend to turn a blind eye. Have you sustained serious injuries in a bicycle accident and, as a result, the bills keep adding up in front of your very eyes? Perhaps your injuries are so serious that they will continue to cause you issues for the rest of your life. You want protections as a bicyclist, and we understand this need. If you have been injured in a Florida bicycle accident, we want to speak with you as soon as possible to help you retain your rights in this serious time.
After You Have Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident
You’ve been injured in a bicycle accident and you are finding it particularly difficult to move forward. We want to help you retain your rights as you move forward toward settlement or court to resolve your issues and gain the damages you deserve. Here are some ways that you can protect your rights after you have sustained injuries in a bicycle accident:
- Get off the roadways as soon as possible so you can prevent further injury from a flurry of accidents that could occur.
- Attempt to receive the license plate number of the party who injured you, especially in cases of a hit and run, so you can work toward compensation.
- Never negotiate with the liable party. Do not pin the blame on yourself, as it could affect your rights to compensation when you move forward with your case.
- Even if you think your injuries aren’t serious, you should always call the police to come and make a police report. This will help determine fault, which will be useful in your case. You will be able to share your version of the events with the police who arrive at the scene.
- Always keep a journal of your injuries, the details of your accident that are most important, and how your accident now affects your daily life.
- Seek medical attention immediately after your accident. You never know if your injuries are serious or not until you speak to a doctor who is knowledgeable about these things. It will also be a great record that shows how the injuries affect your life.
- Speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Moving Forward With Your Claim
After your bicycle accident, you know that your recovery is most important. You may also be struggling to live your everyday life with a variety of injuries due to the negligence of another party. Many bicyclists involved in motor vehicle accidents will sustain serious and life-changing injuries like dislocated joints, fractures, internal injuries, and traumatic brain trauma in cases where they were not wearing a helmet. Are you somebody who has been severely injured in a bicycle accident? You may have a right to compensation for aspects like medical costs, lost wages, and emotional suffering due to your accident. We can help.
You don’t want your bicycle accident to have a lasting impact on you. This is why it is important to seek compensation as soon as possible and retain your rights. Do not hold off on speaking with an experienced attorney; call us today for more.